Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back in Business

Now that the Holiday season has passed and 2009 has replaced 2008, it is time to get back to business. Over the Holidays, there was not much news on the Softbank site however, they did announce the Jersey Numbers of their Foreign Players:


Chris Aguila - Outfielder - 04

Kameron Loe - Pitcher - 00

Brian Falkenborg - Pitcher - 25

Justin Germano - Pitcher - 34

D.J. Houlton - Pitcher - 54 (Previously 00)


All of the Players are new and were acquired during the off season except for D.J. Houlton who is the foreign player returning from last season.

The Hawks also have the profiles of the new players up. Click here to see Kameron's profile. Obviously, there is not a picture yet. I expect that to appear sometime in late January. At the bottom there is, what I believe to be, a career achievements list, however, I wouldn't even suggest trying to read/understand it. It's not impossible to get some of it, it's just a little very mind boggling. Plus, it says the same thing for every pitcher.

I will now leave you with an interesting bunch of statistics (Wow! I am actually finding use to something I've learned....)

Heights of 10 randomly* selected players from the Softbank Hawk's Roster (In CM):

189, 174, 180, 189, 179, 201, 178, 178, 179, 193

*Except for one...I have a feeling you will know which one it is after one glance at the numbers. Haha! When I get back to Ft. Worth I will go through an actual random selection of heights and put them through a little test I learned in Statistics. What I find should show us just how "far out" Kameron's height will be from the rest of the team. Too bad I didn't think about this sometime last semester; I could have got some extra credit...

Wow. Kameron should be really, really proud of himself: He has me reading for fun and doing math in my spare time.

-Holly

"Baseball is the only game left for people. To play basketball, you have to be 7 feet 6 inches. To play football, you have to be the same width."
-Bill Veeck

No comments: