Sunday, January 25, 2009

To Answer Those Questions From Way Back When...

For those who remember (if you don't, then just scroll down), I opened up the blog to questions a while back. I managed to receive three questions and will answer them now.

Q) As a TCU horned frog, have you ever seen a horned frog? I haven't seen one since I was a kid when my dad was stationed in Texas around 1967 or so. He was in the Air Force and getting his masters degree at Texas A&M. My bothers and I use to catch them all the time. Is the Texas Horned Frog dwindling in numbers and becoming harder and harder to find?
-Craig

A) I see horned frogs all the time, if you count the numerous statues and images around campus! Haha, but really though, I have only seen a real-life horned frog a few times at zoos. Unfortunately, I hear the horned frog population is slowly dwindling down. Right now, I believe they are even on the endangered species list.

Q) Tell them about Wilson.
-Amanda (My best friend)

A) Well that's not really a question. But, because I'm in such a good mood, I'll Answer...uh...tell y'all about Wilson. Wilson is my dearly beloved...glove! Wilson is always by my side through thick and thin, though he doesn't get to play catch all too often these days anymore. I first got him for Christmas around my 7th or 8th grade year and has been with me ever since. He even stuck with me after I left him out on the field overnight my sophomore year in high school. It rained pretty hard that night too. And of course, Wilson hadn't been oiled in quite a while. I was lucky he survived. Though my Wilson isn't a fancy color like C.J. Wilson's blue Wilson and his leather is a little 'soggier' than when I first got him, Wilson is still my best glove.

Q) Who is your favorite Ranger player now?
-Dani and Micah

A) Ya' know, I'm not too sure about this one. I think I will just wait awhile, at least until after spring training to discuss any "favorites".

Well everyone, we have just turned the last corner of the off season and are now headed towards the finish line; Spring training is in the very near future. Until then, I will be merrily sitting at my desk, eating "naturally and [mostly] artificially flavored" Gummy Bears, enjoying a nice room tempurature Gatorade and not enjoying homework. Oh, and a little blogging too.

-Holly

"The trouble with baseball is that it is not played the year round.”
-Gaylord Perry



1 comment:

Micah said...

I have a Build-A-Bear in a Rangers uniform named "Wilson." Ha ha ha. :-)