Friday, April 10, 2009

A Few Notes...

I've got a few notes from this past week and for this weekend:
(Note: Some may be off-topic because I really feel like blogging tonight)

1) The Blog has a new look. I was getting a little bored with the old layout and decided it was time for a new one.

2) In Kameron's first official start for the Hawks, he went 6 1/3 innings allowing six runs. Four of those runs were earned. He gave up six hits while striking out two and walking four. The Hawks lost 6-0. Click here for the complete box score.

3) I had thought that Kameron's next start would be on Sunday afternoon. If this would have been true, we would have been able to watch the game Saturday night at 11:00pm CST. Unfortunately, it appears as if there is a six-person rotation for the Hawks, moving his next possible start to Tuesday. This means that if you want to watch the game, you will have to watch it at 4:00am CST Tuesday.

4) I don't like the idea of a six-person rotation because, with the schedule the way it is (with Mondays off) Kameron will continue to pitch on a Tuesday.

5) OT: I went to the Ranger's home opener on Monday. I got an epic sunburn. I was as red as their new red uniforms.

6) OT: On Wednesday I went to the Waste Water Treatment Plant for my Environmental Science class. It was...interesting. We had to wear hard hats but, we didn't ever walk underneath anything. I can't quite figure that one out.

7) The Hawks are playing the Nippon Ham Fighters for their current series. Former Ranger Jason Botts plays for the Fighters.

8) The atmosphere of a Japanese baseball game is incredibly different than any MLB game I have ever seen. While I was watching the Hawks' game the other night, I was amazed by the fans. There was rarely any moment that they were quiet.

9) Before I changed the layout, I noticed that the blog had reach over 1,000 hits. That is incredible. The ticker disappeared once I changed the layout.

10) Finally, I send my condolences to the family, friends and fans of Angel's pitcher Nick Adenhart.

-Holly

"Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-Bob Feller

No comments: