Monday, November 24, 2008

Workin' hard at hardly workin'

What does one do when they are stuck for four hours calling Alumni and Friends of TCU with a double monitor system? Post another Blog! Yeah! I can sense the excitement! Anyways, so while I'm here at work with nothing to do I figured I could go ahead and introduce myself a little.

I'm Holly and I am currently a freshman at Texas Christian University. I am double majoring in News-Editorial Journalism and Strategic Communications (AKA Advertising/Public Relations). I might minor in broadcast journalism but only if TCU brings back broadcast journalism with emphasis in sports broadcast. One day, I want to use all of that to eventually get a job with a MLB team or MLB. A girl can dream right?

Here at TCU, I am attempting to get involved and so far, I think I'm doing a good job. I have been initiated into the sisterhood of The Alpha Delta Pi sorority. I love it!! It is super fun and I love all of my sisters! I just recently had an interview for a positions on the TCU Diamond Darlings Squad. Diamond Darlings is the marketing team for the TCU baseball team. They might be the only other girls on campus that believe that the diamond that is a girl's best friend is actually made of grass, dirt and chalk. I should know by the weekend after Thanksgiving if I get a position on the squad. I will have a very excited post if I do! :)
Baseball wise, I played baseball/softball for at least seven years of my life. I never played any select ball just Little League and some Pony/Colt. My last two years I played for my high school. I enjoyed it immensely however, I decided to quit softball so I could focus on band. Neither my coaches or band directors were too interested me participating in both. Once I quit, I became a big fan of MLB. I think it was my way of retaining all of the memories I had from my past year plus, I had a big brother around that was always watching Rangers' baseball. My love for baseball grew each day and now I impress my own family with my knowledge and love for the sport.

I first saw Kameron Loe pitch one summer day while I was in Corpus Christi visiting my brother. Ironically, the game that I watched was the game that was considered to have reversed the Rangers' season. It was the Rangers versus the Pirates. Kameron Loe was starting and only because pitcher Brandon McCarthy recieved a blister on his finger. Before this Kameron Loe had been sent down to AAA and without even making an appearence with the RedHawks, he was back up with the Rangers to make the start. Kameron pitched an amazing Eight innings, fanning seven and only allowed five hits. He even a had a good day at the plate! In two at-bats he grounded out, walked and even got a hit. He eventually scored a run to help his own cause too! From that moment on, I fell in love with the big guy and became a steadfast fan!

Well, thats about it for now. I am happy to say that this post took almost my whole shift (four hours). Tomorrow I get to go home to Austin for Thanksgiving so that means my next few posts will be from Austin! Hopefully, those posts will be my firsts about Japanese baseball!

-Holly

P.S. Wish me luck on my statistics test tomorrow!

"Baseball games are like snowflakes and fingerprints, no two are ever alike."
-W. P. Kinsella

No comments: