Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's Official!

So yesterday I checked the Softbank website and found that they had finally released a statement stating that they had agreed to a contract with Kam Loe. Woo! As much as I would have liked to have posted that news when I saw it, I couldn't because I was just about to leave to go to San Antonio for the day with my brother. For those in Texas, we all know that it's playoff time for High School football. My Brother and I went to check out two playoff games at the Alamodome. The first between Gregory-Portland and Killeen (my brother lives in Portland so he wanted to watch them play) and the second game between my Alma Mater Hendrickson High School and Port Lavaca Calhoun. Unfortunately, GP didn't fair so well but I am happy to report that HHS won 31-30 and are advancing to the next round! Go Hawks!

So, Kameron Loe did agree to a contract with the Softbank Hawks. Kam agreed to the contract around the same time as another Right Handed Pitcher Justin Germano. Germano came to the Hawks from The San Diego Padres with a 5.27 ERA and a record of 8-16 over four years of service in the MLB.

FUKUOKA, Nov. 28 (20:32) Kyodo

The Softbank Hawks have agreed to the signing of major league right-handers Kameron Loe and Justin Germano, the team said Friday.

Loe's deal is worth 190 million yen over two years, while Germano will ink
a one-year deal for 50 million yen, team sources said.

The 27-year-old Loe has a 19-23 career record with a save and a 4.77 ERA in five major league seasons -- all with the Texas Rangers. He was 1-0 with a 3.23 ERA in 14 relief appearances this past season.

Germano went 0-3 with a 5.98 ERA in 12 games with the San Diego Padres in
2008. He is 8-16 with a 5.27 ERA over four years in the majors. Both players
are expected to join the team's starting rotation.

What really excites me is the last sentence of that release. Kameron will be given a chance at the starting rotation which I know is what he really wants to do! Remember, if you ever want to check out the Softbank Hawks official website, just look on the right column under links! It even already in Google Translator!! Just keep in mind that not everything on the page translates and that some words don't have a direct translation in English. Oh well, I think we can live through it.

-Holly

P.S. I know this post changes texts right in the middle of it. My little text choice button has seemed to have disappeared right before my eyes. A little weird but I think it has to do with the fact I put that block quote in and I don't know how to take it off. If you know how to work the block quote button, please, please, please feel free to tell me! Hahaha...Please!

EDIT: (A few moments after publishing) Okay so in my published post, the text fixed itself. I have no idea how it did that but it did. Plus, my text button is back. I have no idea what I am doing.

"The other sports are just sports. Baseball is a love."
-Bryant Gumbel

2 comments:

Craig Stambaugh said...

It is great to see that there are even more fans of Kameron out there. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had the chance to meet Kameron. Who knows you might get lucky before he leaves for Japan in January. I am also interested in Kameron's activities while he is in Japan. I am working on getting streaming video from Japan on days he pitches. I do not know if Japanese League has games on the net like MLB does. It would be great if they do. http://kamssnakepit.mlblogs.com/
http://kamssnakepit.blogspot.com/
Try out these sites that I have not been very good at maintaining. Feel free to contact me through Blogspot site as I might be a great source of information on Kameron. I cannot keep up my own blog site but am willing to help you with info on yours if you like. Thanks a bunch.

Craig

Anonymous said...

The ladies of Kam's Snakepit have a blog as well. You'll have to read the past posts they are a good read for Ranger fans. We haven't posted since the season ended, but I do feel a new post coming on...

snakeseyeview.blogspot.com