Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Fun Facts!

I am proud to say that I have no homework tonight!!! Yesss! Although, I stayed up until three or four this morning doing an essay and spent two hours in the library today finishing it up. Needless to say, it has been a long day. However, to celebrate my homeworkless night I decided to post some fun facts about the Softbank Hawks!


Note: I'm not too sure how 'fun' these facts will be...I guess I should call them inFormative Facts but, alliterations are just too much fun to not use!!

1. Their colors are Black and Gold.

2. Their Mascot's name is Harry and he is a Hawk.

3. The team's name in Japanese is 福岡ソフトバンクホークス. For those of us that can't pronounce that, it is pronounced Fukuoka Sofutobanku Hōkusu.

4. The Softbank company is a leading cellphone service provider in Japan.

5. Kenji Johjima, a catcher for the Seattle Mariners was originally drafted by the Softbank Hawks in 1999.

6. Remember that weird balloon thing I talked about in an earlier post? Well here is a video of it on Youtube. It's pretty crazy. Just be sure to have your volume down if you're at work, school or in public; people may think you are listening to some sort of cult-esque chant.

7. Speaking of Youtube, there are a ton (not a ton...but for such a random topic there is a lot) of videos on there of some of the players singing Karaoke. To link a couple of them, there this one and this one, my personal favorite, which is a little bit of variety. Plus it ends with my favorite song ever. I think they are having a little too much fun...haha!

8. The Hawks just got a new Manager: Koji Akiyama.

9. The Hawks play in the Fukuoka Yahoo! Dome. It is associated with Yahoo! because Yahoo! Japan is one of the subsidiaries of the Softbank corporation.

10. Japan is 13 hours ahead of America.


I will have to admit, the last factoid is a little lame. I couldn't think of anything else to put, my lack of sleep is making me brain dead!! Now, I am off to bed. I need to start going to sleep at decent hours of the night and not the next morning. Honestly, since college started I don't think my roommate and I have gone to bed before midnight, bleh. Plus, finals will start in two weeks. Luckily, we have 'dead days' the Thursday and Friday before finals start. I wish they wouldn't call them dead days; it sounds so gruesome. Well, I hope you have enjoyed the fantastically ferocious fun facts (I love alliterations!!).

-Holly

P.S. I want to give a shout out to Craig and Erin from the Snake Pit for the great comments and the little shout they gave my blog on their blog Kam's Snake Pit. Also check out the Ladies' of the Snake Pit blog A Snakes Eye View. These links have already been added under the blogs menu on the right! Also, I want to give a shout out to Micah, who writes the awesome blog Baseball is My Boyfriend, who helped spread the word about Keepin' up with Kam and is another awesome Kam Loe fan! Wooo! Now, off to sing "I'm a Barbie Girl" obnoxiously loud with my roomie instead of sleeping :)

"A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz."
-Humphrey Bogart

No comments: