Friday, December 5, 2008

Fun with the Currency Converter and other random things....

Well I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that I don't have any new news on Kam Loe but, the good news is that I have some sort of baseball news (there are too many news' in that sentence haha). I'm sure many of you know of Jason Botts who, last year, left the Rangers' Organization mid-season and signed a contract with the Nippon Ham Fighters of the NPB. Yesterday, the Fighters re-signed Botts to a one year deal worth 47 Million Yen. That is roughly just over $506,000 or
  • 615,488 Swiss Francs
  • 14,184,631 Russian Rubles
  • 751,511,869 Korean Wons
  • 116,387,637 Iceland Kronas
Off topic but, one thing I can't stand is Football (eh...not just football) players with hair hanging out the back of their helmet. One, it makes them look like girls and two, it gets very distracting when the hair is flailing all over the place when the player is running. With that said, I laughed quite hard when I saw this article and video.

Next week I only have three days of school, then dead days! I'm not sure but, I may go to the Toys for Tots toy drive at the Ballpark Thursday. I would like to go however, I would also really like to go home too. It's such a hard decision!

Before I go, I want to wish my Alma Mater's football team the very best of luck in their Regional Final Tomorrow! What makes this playoff experience so amazing for my old school, Hendrickson High School, is that this school year is only its sixth year open. My graduating class was only the third class and just the second to go the full four years at the School. The varsity football program is even younger than the school; the first year they only had a JV and freshman team, making it only five-years-old. As a six-year-old school, the Hendrickson football team is holding their own against older and more experienced programs. Go Hawks! We Believe!!

-Holly

"Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good too. "
-Greg, Age 8

1 comment:

Craig Stambaugh said...

You should make it out to Toys for Tots at the ballpark. We would love to meet you. Most of the Snake Pit will be there. Lot's of players and fans will be there. It is a can't miss event at Christmas time.