Thursday, December 11, 2008

Some actual news

Yesterday I went to Dallas to try and catch up with Kameron while he was dropping off Angel and Craig's (from the Snake Pit) office. I was about 30 or so minutes away when Craig called me to tell me Kameron had already left the office. Yet again, my luck didn't exactly work out. Oh well. As I told Craig, I have become pretty immune to my bad luck getting the best of me. I am happy to report though, that I got to meet Angel! At first I was a little afraid. After a while though, I got used to her and was a little more comfortable around her. I must admit, she was pretty cool.

I got to visit a while with Craig about some news on Kameron. I was very happy to learn what Kameron's new jersey number will be. He had a choice of several different numbers - one being 43 - but he decided to go with...Double Zero!! Thats right, 00. One of the biggest guys in the NPB will be wearing the smallest number. That is quite an unique choice.

As for now, I think Kameron is just getting ready to move out to Japan and getting ready for spring training to work on that "wa". I was reading a review of the book "You Gotta Have Wa" and it said that "Wa" can be translated as “experience of calmness or reflection”, or “a spirit of tranquility and peace". When it comes down to it, finding your own personal "wa" is like finding yourself in Japanese culture. It is an assimilation into Japanese culture for foreign players. The team takes the whole "wa" thing so serious that no wives or girlfriends are allowed during spring training. Now that is intense. If you want to read the book reivew you can click here. "You Gotta Have Wa" sounds like a pretty interesting book that can be useful in understanding Japanese baseball. I might even pick it up over my Christmas break. It can be found on Amazon for $0.01 and $3.99 shipping and handling.


All I have to say now is that Kameron should be proud of himself; he has me reading books for fun. Haha!

-Holly

P.S. I had a great time meeting everyone from the Snake Pit! I really have to thank them a lot for all the help I've recieved on this blog and for letting me meet the beautiful Angel!

"Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?"
-Jim Bouton

1 comment:

Craig Stambaugh said...

Excellent choice of reading for "Wa" and baseball. I will be getting me a copy to read myself. I'm sorry you did not make it to Dallas in time to meet Kameron. At lease you were able to hold his most beloved Angel. I will have her the next 10 months at least. Visiting hours are always by appointment. Angel loves to have visitors, especially if they have a large rat as an offering.